making reagular2cooking regular2lovingliving regular2new reader3

Saturday, February 12, 2011

ski weekend at Norefjell

Do you want to come along for a weekend at a ski resort with us? Perhaps it can make amends for my unannounced absence these last two weeks.

Mr. Yonder’s company sponsored a couple’s weekend for their employees and we enjoyed every single minute of it. It was our first grown ups only weekend since Astrid was born. We will not wait another two years before we do this again.

We enjoyed our time here so much that we have decided to go back some time soon. If you come long with us you can choose between cross country skiing, slalom or snow boarding.

If you are not into skiing you can take a dip in the pool, visit the Finnish sauna, take a day at the SPA or try climbing the wall that goes all the way from the bottom floor through the lobby and continues upward.

What about diving into these comfortable couches after a long day with activities?


And then order a steaming warm coffee or hot chocolate and perhaps a piece of this tempting apple cake with crème Brule and whipped cream? Anyone?

By the way, when was the last time you went on a ski trip or had a couple’s weekend with your hubby? I think we have to improve at that here in Yonder.

11 comments:

  1. loooooong time ago !
    and this place looks Heavenly ! enjoy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, it looks like you've had a wonderful time! If I had to choose between all those activities -- I'd choose to sit in those cozy couches in front of a fire! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ann Marie,

    I enjoy reading your blog very much. I went to Norway last August and I loved it. The very first moose I ever saw was on the way to the airport from Trondheim! The retreat looks just wonderful. I think I would like to climb the rock wall, then sit by the fire in a comfy chair with a piece of apple cake. Do you have a recipe for the Norwegian apple cake that you could share? It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it was surely a wonderful vacation :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouawh!!! Fantastic! Nice Pictures Anne Marie:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll share my two favourite apple cake recipes sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are wonderful! mmm apple cake looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take the rest but Skiing. Too afraid of heights and going to fast...!

    It is enjoyable to be adults alone without kids and enjoying yourself. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks like heaven. and definitely do not wait another two years ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know you were here!