making reagular2cooking regular2lovingliving regular2new reader3

Friday, April 12, 2013

My friend Sharon

Sleepy time. Here we go.

20 years ago, I had an amazing traveling experience where I met many, many people that are my friends to this day (you can read more about it in this post). One of those friends is Sharon. She is an artist living in LA with her husband and two kids.

She is an incredible funny, beautiful and strong woman. Today she is going through surgery, a double mastectomy (with reconstruction). This brave friend found out she was positive for the Breast Cancer Susceptibility Gene (brca) mutation and decided to take action.

Not only has she been very open to everyone around her about what she is going through. She also began a blog to share with everyone not in her immediate surroundings. If you want to learn more about brca mutation and Sharon’s story, you can visit her blog.

From the inside of the Opera House in Oslo



For some reason this beautiful building reminds me of all those friendships I made years ago and that have grown stronger over the years. I feel home here, just like I do when I am with them.

Edited: This post was edited 12/4/2013 with a new post name and a photo of my friend Sharon moments before surgery.

Update 13/4-2013: Sharon's surgery was successful and she is back at home recovering.

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see your update at the end of the post and learn your friend had a successful surgery and was at home recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for caring Denise :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know you were here!